The storm gutters by my house are blocked. Who should I call?

Call your Public Works Department if you live in a city. If you live in an unincorporated area, call OC Pubic Works at (714) 955-0200.

Will my homeowner's insurance policy cover flooding?

Standard homeowner’s insurance does not cover flooding. The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is available for property owners to financially protect themselves. Most private flood policies have a 30-day waiting period.

How can I keep my home safe from flooding?

Homeowners can use sandbags, plywood, straw bales or plastic sheeting to direct flood waters away from buildings and onto the street.

I'm driving and the road ahead is flooded. What should I do?

Avoid walking or driving through flood waters. Turn Around, Don’t Drown! Just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and two feet of water can sweep your vehicle away.

Where can I get more tips to prepare for El Niño?